Navigation

Welcome to my blog. I write mostly about travel and in particular my love of Disney, with a few tidbits such as musings about movies or theater thrown in for good measure. I have stories dating all the way back to 1997 so be sure to explore! I don't post regularly, so if you want updates be sure to join and follow this blog (links below). Feel free to share, and if you want you can also click the Facebook or Twitter links below. You can also follow me on twitter. And be sure to comment letting me know what you think!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Walt Disney World "Daddy/Daughter Jaunt" - October 1998 - Introduction

Intro
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Addendum

This is a re-print of an original post to the ThompsonFamilyWeb site about a trip my daughter Natalie and I took to Walt Disney World in October of 1998. It is completely unaltered from my original post.
October 2nd - 4th, 1998
Talk about culture shock.
At 7:00 in the morning my 5 year old daughter Natalie (a.k.a. Nat) and I (40 year-old John, a.k.a. Dad) were boarding a plane in Newark, NJ. It was a dreary day with temperatures in the high 40's. A mere four hours later we were enjoying the 80+ degrees and Florida sunshine in the "Piano Pool" at Disney's All Star Music Resort in Walt Disney World. But I get ahead of myself.
This short (3 day) trip came out of a desire on my part to spend some quality dad/daughter time with Nat. Since Nat's little sister Charlotte was born a year ago June, my wife Andie and I felt that it was a good idea to plan special events with just Nat. When the baby is older we will do the same with her. Nat & Andie had gone together on a trip to Arizona to visit Andie's sister last winter and now it was my turn. My first choice for a daddy/daughter jaunt was, of course, Walt Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment