Navigation

Welcome to my blog. I write mostly about travel and in particular my love of Disney, with a few tidbits such as musings about movies or theater thrown in for good measure. I have stories dating all the way back to 1997 so be sure to explore! I don't post regularly, so if you want updates be sure to join and follow this blog (links below). Feel free to share, and if you want you can also click the Facebook or Twitter links below. You can also follow me on twitter. And be sure to comment letting me know what you think!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Kenebunkport Maine - 2002 - Wells Auto Museum

Wells Auto Museum, Wells Maine
We spent a couple of hours one afternoon at the Wells Auto Museum. I'm an old car nut, so it was mostly my idea, but Andie & the kids enjoyed it as well. It's a very nice museum with an impressive collection of fine old automobiles as well as other paranphenalia. In fact, I'd say the biggest problem the museum has is that it desperatley needs more room.

Getting ready to open up

The Museum's first car - 1907 Stanley Steamer
Below are some general pictures of the museum. The kids got a kick out of the room with the old mechanical rides. Also, there were old nichelodian machines dispersed throughout the museum.
Well, if you come to a place like this, the real thing you come for are the cars. I tried to label as many as I could recall. It's certainly possible that I got a few wrong, but i think those that are labeled are labeled correctly.

As you enter, this 1935 Lagonda is the first car you see - and one of the Museum's best

The interior of the Lagonda 

1955 Chrysler C-300 - Along with the Lagonda above and the Auburn below, one of my personal favorites

The interior of the Chrysler 

1909 Pierce Arrow

1937 Lincoln Zephyr

The interior of the Stutz

1918 Stutz Bearcat

My other favorite, a 1928 Auburn Boattail Speedster

The interior of the Auburn

1909 Buick Touring

Stanley Steamer

Lincoln Town & Country

1928 Templar Touring

1912 Pathfinder Roadster

I guess you got out of the way when this horn honked!

1940 Bombardier Snowmobile 

These guys also made the trains I take to work every morning...

1941 Packard Convt. Coupe

Snowmobile tracks

1923 Snowmobile

1904 Stanley Steamer

1909 Stanley Steamer

1940 Lasalle Convt.Sedan

1949 Willys Jeep

The ultimate luxury interior c. 1924

1924 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost

1894 Wolfmuller

Old Fire Truck


No comments:

Post a Comment