Navigation

Welcome to my blog. I write mostly about travel and in particular my love of Disney, with a few tidbits such as musings about movies or theater thrown in for good measure. I have stories dating all the way back to 1997 so be sure to explore! I don't post regularly, so if you want updates be sure to join and follow this blog (links below). Feel free to share, and if you want you can also click the Facebook or Twitter links below. You can also follow me on twitter. And be sure to comment letting me know what you think!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Southern California - April 2001 - Sea World

This is a re-print of an original post to the ThompsonFamilyWeb site about a trip I took with my family to Southern California in April 2001. It is completely unaltered from my original post.

Southern California, April 2001


Since my parents live on the opposite coast from us, it's tough for us to get together so they can see the kids. Last year we met them for a week in Orlando. Since my dad is still recovering from major surgery he had last September, we were concerned that he would not be able to travel out East, so we planned a trip to California for a visit.
We flew in to Orange County Airport on Friday night, arriving about 10:00 PM. It was too late to catch the shuttle bus to our hotel for the first night, the Best Western Orange County Airport North, so we took a cab. Funny thing, we had a pretty nasty cab driver, something we expect in New York, but not in Southern California!
This article is broken up into 3 main sections:

Newport Beach, Sea World and Disneyland Resort

No comments:

Post a Comment